Lori Schaeffer, Director
Fairfield County Recreation Department
1851 US Hwy 321 North ByPass
PO Box 73
Mon - Friday 9AM - 5PM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What Athletic programs does Fairfield County Recreation Department offer?
A. We offer football, flag football, soccer, cheerleading, basketball, tee ball, softball and baseball.
- Football and Flag football registrations takes place in August. Flag football is for ages 4-7 . Football is for ages 8-12..
- Soccer registration takes place in August. Soccer is co-ed and for 4-12 ages
- Basketball registration takes place in November. Basketball is co-ed and for ages 4-12.
- Tee ball, coach’s pitch, baseball and softball registration takes place in January. Tee ball and coach’s pitch is co-ed. Tee ball starts at age 4.
Q, What non-athletic programs does Fairfield County Recreation Department offer?
A. We offer an after school program, tae kwon do, dancing, gymnastics and more.
- August through June we offer an after school program. This program is for ages 5-12 and runs Monday through Friday from 3:30-5:30pm. The program offers homework enrichment, arts and crafts, recreational activities, snack time and Friday fun days.
- Tae Kwon Do is available for ages 5 and up. This class takes place on Tuesdays , 6-7pm.
- Dance classes are available for ages 3 and up at the Recreation Center. Dance classes are tuesdays, 4-4:30pm for ages 3-5yrs and 4:45-5:30pm for ages 6 and up
- Gymnastics is available for ages 3 and up. Classes will take place on Wednesdays. Ages 3-5 class will be 4:00-4:30pm, ages 6 and up has two classes , one from 3:15-4pm and another one at 4:30-5:15pm
- We also have Open Gym Sundays , 2-6pm. Fairfield County Recreation reserves the right to change Open Gym hours when necessary.
- Walkers meet Monday through Friday, 7:00am-9:00am to walk inside the gymnasium.
- We also have special events that take place throughout the year such as Flea Markets, Kids Night out, and October Fest.
- Adult Soul line dancing is availabe Monday evenings at 6:00pm
Q. Do you have a senior program?
A. We have a senior program available which consists of bingo twice a month. We also plan outings each month. The seniors have gone to places such as Riverbanks Zoo, shopping in Gaffney, cotton museums, the State Fair , the movies and many more exciting places.
Q. Do you offer exercise programs?
A. We currently offer Zumba on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30-8:20pm. We also have Group Fit, which consist of Spin classes, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), step, body sculpting, and boot camp.